It’s an easy thing to do – falling asleep with your phone on the bed as it charges.

But nodding off with the phone still charging on a bed can be potentially very dangerous.

New images uploaded to Facebook page CPR Kids show what could happen if you fail to take your phone off the bed and place it on a flat surface away from flammable materials.

The pictures show a burnt iPhone cable next to singed bedsheets.

Mattresses and bedding materials can be highly flammable and phones and charges can heat up quickly if left unattended for too long.

With many kids likely to have received new phones for Christmas, the pictures are a timely warning of how to stay away from danger.

“Did your children receive a tablet or phone for Christmas?” the post is captioned.

“Make sure that they never charge electronics in bed – teach them to follow manufacturers’ guidelines.

Disturbing images show what can happen when you fall asleep with a phone charging in bed. Credit: Facebook/CPR Kids

“Charge on a flat surface with no flammable materials around, make sure there are no foreign objects in the connector or plug, and avoid cheap accessories such as cords.

“Also, it is important to check that cords are always in good condition and dispose of any that show signs of wear and tear.

“Damaged cords and charging in unsafe conditions can pose an electrocution and fire risk.“And always keep cords out of reach of little ones!”

The advice doesn’t just apply to kids, of course – adults should also take note.

Many parents were shocked by the images of burned bedsheets and tagged other people in to the post.

It’s also been shared more than 300 times.

“I keep telling you not to do this,” one Facebook user wrote, tagging another family member.

“Wow, thanks for that info,” another wrote.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *