by Sayantani Sanyal
December 26, 2021
Edge computing is dominating the tech industry and will continue to do so in the future.
Edge computing is redefining the way data is managed, processed, and delivered from several devices existing globally. The exponential growth of IoT-based devices, along with the 2innovation of new applications, which require real-time computing power, continue to empower the growth of edge computing devices. Initially, the technology was developed to support the exponential growth of IoT devices, that connect to the internet to receive and send information to the cloud. But now, edge computing has become one of the most in-demand languages that are used in an array of different platforms and devices to generate enormous amounts of data during their course in operations. In this article, we have listed the top edge computing devices that businesses should look out for in 2022.
- AWS IoT Greengrass: AWS Greengrass is an edge computing solution that helps its users build, deploy, and manage device software at the edge. The device allows its customers to program their devices locally so that they can generate data and execute predictions based on machine learning models, and transmit necessary information to the cloud.
- Cisco Catalyst IR8100: Cisco range of 5G-driven industrial edge routers and IoT gateway series for edge computing is well-renowned to provide secure, multi-access routers. The IR8100 is not only advanced in its approach but also dust and water-resistant. It leverages the standard, open, programmable-based APIs of the Cisco IOS XE operating system.
- NVIDIA EGX: The microchip and GPU maker Nvidia is one of the global leaders of the modern tech revolution. The EGX powered by boosts operations in retail, finance, healthcare, and manufacturing industries, to name a few. The company’s edge products are also suitable for intensive computer workloads.
- Eaton 5P UPS: Possessing an uninterrupted power supply at an edge location is imperative to access all the features of the edge computing device. This model is an enterprise-class power backup solution to drive edge computing devices. With this device, the customers can pair the Eaton Gigabit Network Card, which is programmed to comply with cybersecurity standards.
- TOP MOBILE EDGE COMPUTING SERVICE PROVIDERS OF 2022
- TOP EDGE COMPUTING JOBS IN INDIA TO APPLY IN DECEMBER 2021
- CLOUD COMPUTING VS. EDGE COMPUTING: WHO WINS THE RACE?
- HPE Edgeline EL8000: This device is a rugged convertible edge system that leverages built-in AI and ML capabilities to deliver increased reliability and efficiency in generating insights from the data generated at the extreme edge of the network including video analytics and data analytics for data reduction and visualization.
- Google Edge TPU: This s a purpose-built ASIC designed to run AI at the edge and deliver high performance in a small physical and power footprint. Customers can use this device to deploy high-quality machine learning interference at the edge.
- Microsoft Azure Pro R: It is a high-quality edge computing device under Microsoft’s Azure Stack Edge portfolio aimed to deliver hardware-as-a-service. The device has various use cases where the solution can be used for rapid machine learning and edge computing problems.
- Dell PowerEdge XR11 and XR12: The Dell PowerEdge XR11 and XR12 are designed to overcome adverse circumstantial conditions and are ideal for edge computing. Extreme temperatures are not an issue with this, since the existing sensors can automatically track the thermal activities and manage the temperatures.
- Schneider Electric’s APC Smart-UPS Ultra: The APC Smart-UPS Ultra was designed to deliver more power in less space to free up space for edge applications by being 2.4 times more power-dense and half the weight and size.
- Lenovo ThinkEdge SE30 and ThinkEdge SE50: These edge devices powered by Lenovo are potable and powerful enough to meet the requirements for information processing and security. It is designed for several apps that require higher analytics and data processing.
Share This Article
Do the sharing thingy
More info about author